Parent Advisory Committee
|Vice Chairperson||Karla Xinastle|
|Community Outreach Coordinator|
We are looking for more officers!
Join us for our next meeting on February 8th at 4:00 PM.
Check back here for an updated link to join the meeting!
PACs empower parents to inspire and assist their children in achieving educational goals and graduating from elementary and high school. PAC meeting activities include:
- Provide input on amendments and future Title I programs
- Advise the principal on how Title 1 parent engagement funds should be spent in alignment with the school's Continuous Improvement Work Plan (CIWP)
- Jointly develop and approve a parent involvement policy which includes a school-parent compact
- Share ESSA (Every Student Succeeds Act) Title I information updates received from the New Region PAC
- Provide assistance, support, and training to parents to improve their literacy and parent skills
- Work to create equal partnerships between teachers, staff, and parents in the education of students
- Provide information to parents that will enable them to work with the school to promote their children’s grade level progress
In December, the PAC sponsored a parent workshop on remote learning tips and tricks. All of the strategies were tested and approved by parents. Click here to view the presentation!